|LUXURY HOTELS: LEVEN MANCHESTER
The style: Capturing the intoxicating spirit of one of Europe’s most exciting cities combined with everything you could want from a luxury hotel experience.
The scene: Standing proudly on the corner of Canal Street at the heart of Manchester’s Village - one of the most iconic LGBTQ+ neighborhoods in the world - and just a short walk from the buzz of both Piccadilly city center and nightlife hub, the Northern Quarter. A stay at the hotel LEVEN, feels like a stay at the center of the universe.
Seen in the lobby: Business travelers brush shoulders with weekend revelers whilst sinking cocktails and soaking up the Lobby & Lounge’s relaxed, welcoming vibe.
Manchester is undeniably a proud city. A place which is both ceaselessly in celebration its rich industrial and cultural history, and equally forever looking-forward and embracing innovation. It is the birthplace of countless cultural movements in everything from music, and fashion to science and industry to politics and beyond. And you would be hard pressed to find a hotel that embodies the idiosyncrasies of the city better than LEVEN Manchester.
Starting with its location, LEVEN is centrally situated in the heart of one of Manchester’s most vibrant neighborhoods, The Village. Boasting a dizzying array cafés, bars, clubs, independent shops and thriving LGBTQ+ community, you are perfectly situated to experience all that genuine northern hospitality has to offer.
As well as this, you are just 10 minute walk from the hospitality mecca that is Manchester’s Northern Quarter, arguably the best concentration of bars in the whole of the UK’s North-West. Likewise, you are just short stroll from Market Street, Manchester’s central shopping district where you can lose an afternoon wandering the through the mix of big brand stores and quirky independent boutiques.
Now to the hotel itself. LEVEN Manchester is a place that encapsulates that typically Mancunian celebration of both the past and present all at once. Housed in an early 20th century warehouse and recalling Manchester’s industrial past, LEVEN retains many of the property’s original and iconic features, from the exposed red brick façade to the vaulted ceilings to the cast iron beams that line the walls throughout the impressive 33,000 sq ft space.
In the main hotel entrance and Lobby, you invited to bask in the coalescence of the past and present. Sleek interior elements like the brass-topped bar, vibrant emerald-green wall tiling, rich brown leather armchairs, and gold light fittings simultaneously recalls 1920s art deco elegance and 2020s chic design. Edgy, contemporary works by the likes of Lillie Bernie, adorn the Lobby and Lounge walls continue to offer this pleasingly jarring juxtaposition of décor.
The 42-key luxury hotel offers four different accommodation types catering to range of guests and types of stay. They offer the option of “Life Size” (standard bedroom), “Living Space’ (one bedroom suite), “Living Large” (one bedroom duplex penthouse suite), and “Living The Dream” (two bedroom duplex penthouse suite).
The rooms and suites boast oak parquet floors, high ceilings and bespoke furniture. The suite that TLTB stayed in featured a full kitchen equipped with hob, oven, washing machine and dishwasher - offering you all the benefits of a self-contained flat but with the added luxuries of a boutique hotel. These luxuries included a free standing bathtub which sat under the magnificent steel windows, a king-size bed with 100% natural mattress provided by Naturalmat and Grown Alchemist bathroom products.
LEVEN’s Lounge and Lobby has the feeling of a private members club - but one you’d actually want to be a member of. Think less stuffy old fellas drinking scotch and think more trendy millennials coiffing cocktails. With the friendly staff pulling dual shifts as both reception staff and cocktail mixologists, LEVEN really does embody the relaxed nature of honest northern cordiality.
A joint venture by Manchester-born entrepreneurs Joshua and Ben Senior, and industry innovators Wellbrook Hospitality, LEVEN Manchester is the first in what will be a series of hotels under the LEVEN brand. This will also include the LEVEN Lifestyle concept which will also encompass co-working, co-living, and retail spaces – as well as line of merchandise. Every guest is gifted with a complimentary pair of limited edition LEVEN socks!
The hotel in its current incarnation is only phase 1 of Team LEVEN’s plans, as later this year will see the launch of phase 2 of venue with the opening of a 1,700sq ft subterranean cocktail bar and 4,000 sq ft restaurant on the ground and basement floors.
The space is cool yet effortless. It’s feels contemporary but at the same time entirely unique. One of the most intoxicating examples of this is LEVEN’s brand new cocktail menu. Designed entirely by head bartender Jasmine, the menu offers recognizable but tailored drinks to reflect the spirit of the city. The L’Herbe Royal is their take on a classic Mexico Mule but with a fresh herby twist, incorporating tequila, fresh basil, and ginger beer. And then there’s the beautifully extra, Steep In Thought. A fruity rum number served in a tea pot, with a separate glass milk jug full of strawberry foam and spoonful of freeze dried raspberry as a garnish. You are tasked with assembling the cocktail you see fit. It’s fun interactive drink that perfectly reflects the playful vibe of the whole menu.
LEVEN offers you everything that Manchester prides itself; contemporary space, a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, and hospitality that makes you feel like you never want to leave. There’s a reason why Manchurians argue - rather convincingly - that Manchester is the center of the universe, and if LEVEN is anything to go by. They might just be right.
It's all about being in the moment. That’s LEVEN’s entire ethos. And it’s easy to see why. Everything about LEVEN invites you to be present and engage with place you’re in. This isn’t just a hotel. It’s a cocktail bar. It’s a co-working space. It is a destination for visitors and locals alike. It’s a place to stay, a place to work and a place to unwind. To quote the Manchester poet laurate Tony Walsh, “This is the place.”
|Check in: Leven Manchester. 40 Chorlton Street, Manchester, M1 3HW.
|Ultimate Luxury: Unwinding in the deep Porcelanosa bath and luxuriating in the Grown Alchemist bathroom amenities.
|Most Indulgent Moment: Before hitting the town to soak up all the Manchester’s nightlife has to offer, take visit to the Lobby bar to sample one, two, or all the house-made cocktails on their new extensive cocktail menu.
|The Little Things: Mini-bar includes complimentary delights from independent brands such as Soho Juice Co. soft drinks, Joe and Steph’s gourmet popcorn, and Nomo vegan chocolate.
|Junior Luxies: Suites can accommodate up to four adults and one
child … plus room for a dog too.
|Dent in the platinum:
|Luxury Hotels Link: www.liveleven.com
Mike Bryans, Posted 05/07/2022
- LUXURY HOTELS: Lewtrenchard Manor, Devon, England
- LUXURY HOTEL: La Reserve Hotel & Spa, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Chedi Andermatt,Switzerland
- LUXURY HOTELS: Miami Beach EDITION, Miami USA
- LUXURY HOTELS Mondrian London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS The Beaumont Mayfair, London
- LUXURY HOTELS Sunrise Kempinski Hotel Beijing
- LUXURY HOTELS: Le Meurice, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Raffles Istanbul
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Bosphorus, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS : Peninsula Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel's Art Rooms
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Hong Kong
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Peninsula Bangkok
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Goring, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
- LUXURY HOTELS: Fairmont's Canine Ambassadors
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Kempinski St Petersburg, Russia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Culloden Estate and Spa, Northern Ireland
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Howard Hastings
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Nikol'skaya, Moscow
- LUXURY HOTELS: Love Stories
- LUXURY HOTELS: American Trade Hotel and Hall, Panama City, Panama
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rosewood London, High Holborn, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Langham London, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Cipriani, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Le Hotel Monceau - Raffles Paris
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Jeremy Goring
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Indigo, Hong Kong, China
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Petter A. Stordalen
- LUXURY HOTELS: Nobu Hotel at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Langham, Sydney
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: The State Hermitage Hotel, St Petersburg, Russia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Washington D.C.
- LUXURY HOTELS: Andaz Fifth Ave, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: El Encanto, Santa Barbara, USA
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Warwick New York Hotel, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh
- LUXURY HOTELS: Kerry Hotels, China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa d'Este, Como Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire Hotel
- LUXURY HOTELS: Ritz Carlton Los Angeles
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Knickerbocker Hotel, New York, US
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Greenbrier, West Virginia, USA
- LUXURY TRAINS: The Royal Scotsman
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sydney QT, Sydney, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Como Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY TRAVEL: Hotels as Movie Stars
- LUXURY HOTELS: 'Four Stories' at W HOTELS
- LUXURY HOTELS: Dorset Square Hotel, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Valley Wing at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Plaza, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills, California, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa La Massa, Candeli, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, Sorrento, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Centurion Palace, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Punta Tragara Hotel, Capri, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Royal Suite, Relais Santa Croce, Florence, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzo Margherita, Bernalda, ITALY
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, London
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hesperia Isla de La Toja, Galicia, North West Spain
- LUXURY HOTELS: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- LUXURY HOTELS: Armani Hotel Milano, Milan, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Darling, Sydney, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Peak Edge Hotel, Chesterfield, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Celebrity Hotel Reviews
- LUXURY HOTELS: Travel Bible TV
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hilton Queenstown, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Peninsula Shanghai, China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Le Bristol, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Babington House, Somerset, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Mandarin Oriental, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Royal Livingstone Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zambia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Istanbul EDITION, Istanbul, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS: The iPad2 checks-in
- LUXURY HOTELS: Royal Wedding Packages
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Missoni Kuwait
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest, Hungary
- LUXURY HOTELS: Alila Bangalore Hotel & Residence, Bangalore, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: W London-Leicester Square
- LUXURY HOTELS: Coworth Park, Ascot, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Viceroy Snowmass, Aspen, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rimrock Resort Hotel, Banff, Canada
- LUXURY HOTELS: Post Hotel & Spa, Lake Louise, CANADA
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: The Savoy
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: Coworth Park
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Cullen, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTEL: Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice, ITALY
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Blackman, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Olsen, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Rees, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- JUST UNPACKED FROM... Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: Metropole Taormina
- LUXURY HOTELS: Maison Moschino Hotel, Milan, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sanderson, London, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Little Nell, Aspen, Colorado, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Le Notre Dame, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Crosby Street, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Ritz, London
- LUXURY HOTEL: Chapslee House, Lakkar Bazaar, Shimla, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: Glenburn Tea Estate, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: Murano Urban Resort, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzina Grassi, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzo Versace, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rosewood Beijing
- LUXURY HOTELS: Luton Hoo, Bedfordshire, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: Belmond Charleston Place
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Ritz at Christmas
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Lanesborough, London, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sanctum Resort, Myanmar
- LUXURY HOTELS: Historic Hotels
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Knickerbocker, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Luciano K Hotel, Santiago, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Casa Higueras, Valparaiso, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Awasi Patagonia, Patagonia, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Tierra Atacama, Chile
- SUITE LIFE: The Savoy Suite, An Artist'sResidence
- SUITE LIFE: The Savoy's Royal Suite
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Savoy, London
- Christmas at Peninsula Paris
- LUXURY HOTEL: Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Italy
- LUXURY HOTEL: RITZ-CARLTON TOKYO JAPAN
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sage Hotel, James Street
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Silo Cape Town, South Africa
- LUXURY HOTELS: Watergate Hotel, Washington D.C.
- LUXURY HOTELS: Moxy Times Square, New York
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, Basel, Switzerland
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa Maia, Lyon, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Social Season at The Ritz
- LUXURY HOTEL: Belmond Mount Nelson, Cape Town, South Africa
- LUXURY HOTELS: Capella, Singapore
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Narutis, Vilnius
- LUXURY HOTELS: Penthouse Suite, The Mark, New York
- LUXURY HOTELS: World's Best B&B
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Art of Hotel Suites
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sofitel Darling Harbour, Sydney
- LUXURY HOTELS: East Hotel, Canberra
- LUXURY HOTEL: Juliet's House, Verona
- LUXURY HOTELS: Alàbriga Hotel & Home Suites, Spain
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Crown and Garter Pub with Rooms, Berkshire
- LUXURY HOTELS: Claridges' Trees
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotels with Yachts
- LUXURY HOTELS: LEVEN Manchester
- LUXURY HOTELS: Pennyhill Park & Spa, Surrey, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Park, New Delhi, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Peninsula, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Surrey, New York, USA