IT WAS celebrity central in London last week as the likes of Noel Gallagher, Sadie Frost, Graham Norton, Tinie Tempah, and Millie Mackintosh headed to London's South Bank to cause a ruckus at the Rumpus rooms in honour of the launch of the capital's new Mondrian hotel.
This is the first Mondrian hotel outside of the US and expectations were high.
Here's ten things you need to know about the city's newest hot spot.
1. The building has transformed the iconic Sea Containers house so the theme is nautical all the way. Think transatlantic liner meets disco.
2. Most impressive design feature is a vast copper hull sweeping through the lobby.
3. Henry Bourne's photographs feature as life size 3D prints in the hotel lobby lifts.
4. Great views of the OXO tower and the Thames from almost all of the 356 rooms.
5. The interior style comes from award-winning, self-taught designer Tom Dixon (who is behind exclusive private members club Shoreditch House, Paramount CentrePoint and the new Eclectic as we're sure our switched on readers are aware). Love those lamps Tom.
6. Tapas king of New York Seamus Mullen is behind the Sea Containers restaurant.
7. There is a maritime-inspired in-house
. No word yet on whether they'll be screening Leo and Kate in 'Titanic'.
8. The Agua Bathhouse and Spa with its dripping copper centrepiece gets our vote for' Most Stylish...'
9. The spa is also the first public space to use Dr Jackson products which use natural ingredients combined with traditional healer techniques.
10. Morgans Hotel Group also runs the Phllippe Starck designed
St Martins Lane in London.
And one for luck...
Mondrian London 20 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PD
Lisa Edwards 9/10/14