LUXURY HOTELS: Royal Wedding 2011 Packages
Has your Royal Wedding invite been lost in the post? So has The Luxury Travel Bible's, but we are happy in the knowledge that some of our favourite luxury hotels are on hand to help us celebrate the wedding.
Ever since the engagement of H.R.H Prince William and Kate Middleton was announced last November TLTB's inboxes have been filling up with news of royal-related packages, events and tours - there are lots on offer. The Luxury Travel Bible has scoured through the many available packages and have found the 'jewels in the crown' worthy of any princess. Here we present some of the best on offer to celebrate the wedding on 29 April 2011...
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
rom 28 April to 2 May six guests will be able to stay in the Royal Suite and experience the 'Royal Opulence' package. The Royal Suite is one of London's largest private suites featuring three double bedrooms with marble en-suite bathrooms, a dining room for up to ten guests, fully equipped gym (to work off all that wedding cake) and a terrace overlooking the city. The package includes gifts such as limited edition Royal Wedding Truffles and flower arrangements by Prince Charles'
florist, Moyse Stevens.
The weekend starts as soon as guests arrive in London when they will be welcomed by a chauffeur driven six-seater Daimiler DS420 (similar to those in the Royal fleet). The car will be at guests' beck and call and they will also have their own (former Royal) butler for the weekend. Guests will go on a guided tour of historic royal palaces, Tower of London, Kensington Palace (Princess Diana's former home), Hampton Court and will attend the Royal Opera House's performance of 'The Tsar Bride'.
For those wanting greater insight into William and Kate's relationship Royal biographer and commentator Robert Jobson will give a talk at a champagne and canapé reception. Guests will take home a leather-bound copy and five signed copies of Jobson's latest book 'William and Kate - The Love Story' as a souvenir of the weekend.
Guests will dine like royalty during the weekend with their own private chef. On the Saturday a Royal Banquet, for up to ten guests, will be served in the Royal suite's private dining room.
The 'Royal Opulence' package is priced at £30,000 plus VAT, subject to availably. Reserve the package by contacting the hotel directly on +44 20 7486 5800 or email email@example.com
is presenting "A Modern Romance Royal Wedding" package over the holiday weekend, with no minimum stay. Upon arrival guests will be greeted by champagne and a miniature traditional wedding cake in their rooms. The lobby bar will be set up with large screens where guests can enjoy the best live views of the wedding service while enjoying a "Kate and Will" Champagne cocktail created especially for the wedding. For those wanting to experience the wedding excitement on the streets of London the hotel will provide route maps, Union Jack flags and treats to enjoy while waiting for the couple to pass by in their open carriage.
Executive Chef Tony Flemming has created a Royal Wedding inspired menu which will be served from April through mid May. Taking a modern twist on Royal Wedding menus from history the menu includes Ballotine of Duck with Cumberland Sauce, which was served at Queen Victoria's wedding to Prince Albert in 1840, and Bombe Glacée Princess Elizabeth, which was served at the wedding of Princess Elizabeth to Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten in 1947.
The rates are valid for arrival on 27 April and 28 April 2011, additional nights may be booked at the best available rate. Bed and breakfast rates from £495.00 for two people, per room per night excluding VAT. www.onealdwych.com
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill Lobby
Axis at One Aldwych Restaurant
The Stafford Hotel by Kempinski
On the day of the wedding The Stafford Hotel by Kempinski will be hosting a Royal Wedding viewing party. The hotel is located just steps from St James Palace, Prince William and Harry's official London residence. The hotel was reportedly the location of Prince Charles'
bachelor party and the two princes are said to occasionally visit the hotel's American Bar - who knows,
and the other young royals will pop in for a night cap after the reception at Buckingham Palace?
To celebrate along with the happy couple a party will be thrown in the hotel's courtyard. Classic British cocktails and canapés will be served during the day and a viewing screen to watch the events will be set up.
Tickets for the Royal Wedding viewing party are £85 per person and include all food and beverages. Reservations are required. To purchase a ticket call the hotel directly at +44 20 7493 0111 or email rsvp.london@.kempinski.com. www.kempinski.com
The Ritz London
Located close to Buckingham Palace and Clarence House,
The Ritz London
is hosting 'Monarchy & Matrimony' to celebrate the wedding. The hotel has long been the hotel of choice for Royalty and aristocracy, celebrities, dignitaries and other discerning guests. In the hotel's famed regal splendour celebrate with two nights' in a Louis XVI inspired room with flowers, fruit and champagne on arrival. On the big day watch the live proceedings during a Royal Wedding Brunch in The Ritz Restaurant which will feature themed food stations, an outdoor grill on the terrace and champagne. Befitting of such a British institution guests will enjoy a traditional English breakfast each morning and will take home an exclusive limited edition commemorative gift.
Priced from £1,460 (excluding VAT) and available to guests checking in on Thursday 28 or Friday 29 April 2011.
The Milestone Hotel
The Milestone Hotel is offering the Royal Occasion package when guests book from four or more nights over the Royal Wedding weekend. This member of Leading Hotels of the World's
royal package includes a traditional English breakfast each morning, a Royal Champagne afternoon tea and a seven-course Royal Banquet Dinner prepared by Executive Chef Ryan Flynn, tickets to tour Kensington Palace and two-way luxury car transfers from London Heathrow. Extras, to enhance the royal weekend experience, can be included such as tickets to the Royal Gallery and Royal Mews, midnight Royal feasts and deluxe luncheon hampers for the day of the wedding.
As a lasting memento each couple will receive a commemorative plate or two mugs by Royal Worchester, made of finest English bone china of this historic event.
Prices start from £2,418 for a Superior Queen room to £5,218 for a Master Suite plus VAT based on four nights, double occupancy from 24 April 2011. www.milestonehotel.com
Fairmont, St. Andrews, Scotland
Unsurprisingly Fairmont, St. Andrews
is honouring their strong connection to William and Kate with a royal package during the wedding weekend. William and Kate famously studied at St. Andrews University and it is widely believed that William fell for Kate when she took part in a fashion show at the hotel. They recently returned to the town on one of their first official engagements as a couple to launch the university's 600th anniversary.
During the weekend guests will dine in the room where the fashion show took place and receive a treatment at the Spa which the prince regularly used when he needed a break from his studies. There will also be plenty of time during the weekend to explore the small, university town where the couple lived and graduated in 2005.
With so many royal links this might be one of the best locations outside of London to watch the wedding on the resort's big screen television and to raise a glass to the happy couple.
Royal Wedding weekend package is available from 29 April to 1 May inclusive. Rates start from £229.00 per night based on double occupancy in a Fairmont Guest Room (minimum two night stay). www.fairmont.com/standrews
Fairmont, St. Andrews restaurant
Time for tea?
What is as equally British as the Royal Family? Afternoon Tea, of course. As self-proclaimed experts on the subject, TLTB can recommend the following quintessentially English afternoon teas (with a royal twist, of course);
'Sapphire Afternoon Tea' at London Hilton on Park Lane
Taking its name from the stone of Kate Middleton's engagement ring (which once belonged to Prince William's mother, Diana) the 'Sapphire Afternoon Tea' has references to the regal colour throughout.
The tea, served in the Podium Restaurant on Park Lane, will begin with a fruity 'Loveberry' cocktail followed by sandwiches with traditional fillings. Further reflecting the Sapphire theme freshly baked scones will be served with blueberry jam and clotted cream. A selection of miniature delights, including blueberry jam cupcakes decorated with K and W iced decorations, will conclude the tea.
'Sapphire Afternoon Tea' is available from 2pm-6pm Tuesday 26 April-Sunday 1 May. The tea costs £32 per person, or £40 with a glass of champagne.
'Tea Royale' at The Langham Hotel, London
'Tea Royale' will be served in the Palm Court throughout April. The hotel's Executive Pastry Chef, Cherish Finden, has created a menu that includes finger sandwiches of Lobster and cucumber with fennel pollen, Scottish salmon poached in pink Champagne with green peppercorns and Castle of Mey beef sirloin with horseradish. Speciality pastries, scones and desserts will be served including
Apricot and raspberry Royal Crown, Royal Champagne jelly and Warm wild lavender and honey scones with Devonshire clotted cream and strawberry preserve.
The newly refurbished Langham has a long connection to the British Royal Family as it was originally opened in 1865 by Prince William's ancestor, HRH The Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII. In 2010 the hotel was awarded the 'Best London Afternoon Tea award by the Tea Guild.
Tea Royale is priced at £51.50 per person, inclusive of a glass of Champagne Laurent-Perrier NV to toast the happy couple, and is available from 1-30 April 2011 inclusive. www.langhamhotels.com , www.palm-court.co.uk
'The Royal Horseguards Regal Afternoon Tea Treat' at Royal Horseguards
The Royal Horseguards' royal afternoon tea menu begins with a cup of Sapphire Earl Grey Tea, in honour of Kate's rock. Sandwiches will be served with fillings chosen for their royal connection (Coronation Chicken, Welsh rarebit, King Prawns). Sweet treats with a royal twist include miniature royal iced wedding cake, English rose cupcakes scented with Prince Charles' Duchy Estate honey, the Queen of puddings, William and Kate heart shaped cookies, Eton Mess (Prince William attended Eton) and Kir Royale jellies. To top off the traditional English tea scones, Cornish clotted cream and English preserves will also be served.
Royal Horseguards' Regal Afternoon Tea Treat will be available from 1-30 April, 2011 priced at £32 per person. www.guoman.com
A special royal hotel mention must also be made for The Goring. The hotel will host Kate and her family and the night before the big day. The hotel already has a very strong royal pedigree; Queen Mary often came to tea; The Queen Mother came for cocktails and the hotel chefs made Prince Charles' christening cake. Get the Expert Opinion of The Goring's Chief Executive, Jeremy Goring
and find out what the Middletons' should expect. Pictures of naked people in the loos, sheep on the walls and pillows... whatever would the Queen say? www.thegoring.com
Sarah Bryans 11/3/11. Updated 15/4/11
Official engagement photograph of Prince William and Catherine Middleton
(Copyright 2010 Mario Testino).
- LUXURY HOTELS: Lewtrenchard Manor, Devon, England
- LUXURY HOTEL: La Reserve Hotel & Spa, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Chedi Andermatt,Switzerland
- LUXURY HOTELS: Miami Beach EDITION, Miami USA
- LUXURY HOTELS Mondrian London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS The Beaumont Mayfair, London
- LUXURY HOTELS Sunrise Kempinski Hotel Beijing
- LUXURY HOTELS: Le Meurice, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Raffles Istanbul
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Bosphorus, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS : Peninsula Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel's Art Rooms
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Hong Kong
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Peninsula Bangkok
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Goring, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
- LUXURY HOTELS: Fairmont's Canine Ambassadors
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Kempinski St Petersburg, Russia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Culloden Estate and Spa, Northern Ireland
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Howard Hastings
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Nikol'skaya, Moscow
- LUXURY HOTELS: Love Stories
- LUXURY HOTELS: American Trade Hotel and Hall, Panama City, Panama
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rosewood London, High Holborn, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Langham London, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Cipriani, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Le Hotel Monceau - Raffles Paris
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Jeremy Goring
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Indigo, Hong Kong, China
- MY FAVOURITE ROOM... Petter A. Stordalen
- LUXURY HOTELS: Nobu Hotel at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Langham, Sydney
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: The State Hermitage Hotel, St Petersburg, Russia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Washington D.C.
- LUXURY HOTELS: Andaz Fifth Ave, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: El Encanto, Santa Barbara, USA
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Warwick New York Hotel, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh
- LUXURY HOTELS: Kerry Hotels, China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa d'Este, Como Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire Hotel
- LUXURY HOTELS: Ritz Carlton Los Angeles
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Knickerbocker Hotel, New York, US
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Greenbrier, West Virginia, USA
- LUXURY TRAINS: The Royal Scotsman
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sydney QT, Sydney, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Como Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY TRAVEL: Hotels as Movie Stars
- LUXURY HOTELS: 'Four Stories' at W HOTELS
- LUXURY HOTELS: Dorset Square Hotel, London, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Valley Wing at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Plaza, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills, California, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa La Massa, Candeli, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, Sorrento, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Centurion Palace, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Punta Tragara Hotel, Capri, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Royal Suite, Relais Santa Croce, Florence, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzo Margherita, Bernalda, ITALY
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, London
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hesperia Isla de La Toja, Galicia, North West Spain
- LUXURY HOTELS: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- LUXURY HOTELS: Armani Hotel Milano, Milan, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Darling, Sydney, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Peak Edge Hotel, Chesterfield, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Celebrity Hotel Reviews
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hasting Hotels' 'A Perfect Night's Sleep Package'
- LUXURY HOTELS: Travel Bible TV
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hilton Queenstown, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Peninsula Shanghai, China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai China
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Le Bristol, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Babington House, Somerset, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Mandarin Oriental, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Royal Livingstone Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zambia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Istanbul EDITION, Istanbul, Turkey
- LUXURY HOTELS: The iPad2 checks-in
- LUXURY HOTELS: Royal Wedding Packages
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Missoni Kuwait
- LUXURY HOTELS: Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest, Hungary
- LUXURY HOTELS: Alila Bangalore Hotel & Residence, Bangalore, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: W London-Leicester Square
- LUXURY HOTELS: Coworth Park, Ascot, England
- LUXURY HOTELS: Viceroy Snowmass, Aspen, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rimrock Resort Hotel, Banff, Canada
- LUXURY HOTELS: Post Hotel & Spa, Lake Louise, CANADA
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: The Savoy
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: Coworth Park
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Cullen, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTEL: Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice, ITALY
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Blackman, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Olsen, Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Rees, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa, New Zealand
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- JUST UNPACKED FROM... Melbourne, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS PREVIEW: Metropole Taormina
- LUXURY HOTELS: Maison Moschino Hotel, Milan, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sanderson, London, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Little Nell, Aspen, Colorado, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Le Notre Dame, Paris
- LUXURY HOTELS: Crosby Street, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Ritz, London
- LUXURY HOTEL: Chapslee House, Lakkar Bazaar, Shimla, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: Glenburn Tea Estate, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: Murano Urban Resort, Paris, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzina Grassi, Venice, Italy
- LUXURY HOTELS: Palazzo Versace, Australia
- LUXURY HOTELS: Rosewood Beijing
- LUXURY HOTELS: Luton Hoo, Bedfordshire, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: Belmond Charleston Place
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Ritz at Christmas
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Lanesborough, London, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sanctum Resort, Myanmar
- LUXURY HOTELS: Historic Hotels
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Knickerbocker, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: Luciano K Hotel, Santiago, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Casa Higueras, Valparaiso, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Awasi Patagonia, Patagonia, Chile
- LUXURY HOTELS: Tierra Atacama, Chile
- SUITE LIFE: The Savoy Suite, An Artist'sResidence
- SUITE LIFE: The Savoy's Royal Suite
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Savoy, London
- Christmas at Peninsula Paris
- LUXURY HOTEL: Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Italy
- LUXURY HOTEL: RITZ-CARLTON TOKYO JAPAN
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sage Hotel, James Street
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Silo Cape Town, South Africa
- LUXURY HOTELS: Watergate Hotel, Washington D.C.
- LUXURY HOTELS: Moxy Times Square, New York
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, Basel, Switzerland
- LUXURY HOTELS: Villa Maia, Lyon, France
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Social Season at The Ritz
- LUXURY HOTEL: Belmond Mount Nelson, Cape Town, South Africa
- LUXURY HOTELS: Capella, Singapore
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Narutis, Vilnius
- LUXURY HOTELS: Penthouse Suite, The Mark, New York
- LUXURY HOTELS: World's Best B&B
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Art of Hotel Suites
- LUXURY HOTELS: Sofitel Darling Harbour, Sydney
- LUXURY HOTELS: East Hotel, Canberra
- LUXURY HOTEL: Juliet's House, Verona
- LUXURY HOTELS: Alàbriga Hotel & Home Suites, Spain
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Crown and Garter Pub with Rooms, Berkshire
- LUXURY HOTELS: Claridges' Trees
- LUXURY HOTELS: Hotels with Yachts
- LUXURY HOTELS: LEVEN Manchester
- My Favourite Room: Howard Hastings
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Langham Sydney
- LUXURY HOTELS: Inhabit Queen's Gardens, London
- LUXURY HOTELS: 'Barbiecore' at ME London Hotel
- LUXURY HOTEL:Matildas Fan Suite
- LUXURY HOTEL: The Glasshouse, Edinburgh
- LUXURY HOTELS: Gilmerton House, Scotland
- LUXURY HOTELS: Moonlit Movie Nights at Amanté Ibiza
- LUXURY HOTELS: TUDOR Watch Pop-Up, Hotel Bellevue
- LUXURY HOTELS: Pennyhill Park & Spa, Surrey, UK
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Park, New Delhi, India
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Peninsula, New York, USA
- LUXURY HOTELS: The Surrey, New York, USA