|GOURMET TRAVEL: Jasmine Peen, LEVEN Manchester
The Luxury Travel Bible loves nothing more than a creative cocktail, especially when it is being served in a newly opened design hotel.
The Lobby Bar at LEVEN Manchester has launched their brand new cocktail menu, serving up a perfectly designed set of eleven exclusive creations, as well as all the classics.
The bar, as with the hotel, has been designed to be enjoyed on a guest’s own terms day or night on comfy sofas in green velvet, and soft leather armchairs. Cocktails can also be ordered direct to the guest rooms and suites.
The Lobby Bar team are on hand to offer personal recommendations depending on a guest’s palate and preferences. Some cocktails can be paired with chocolates from local chocolatier, Cocoa Tree. Cocktails AND Chocolate – it gets even better!
Wanting to learn more about the exclusive cocktails, TLTB spoke with the woman who is leading the new menus, Cocktail Bartender Jasmine Peen to find out more about what is certain to become the must-visit cocktail bar when in Manchester.
Tell us more about Lobby Bar at Manchester’s newest design hotel, LEVEN Manchester - What can guests expect?
The Lobby bar at LEVEN is a beautiful brass-topped bar with emerald green scalloped tiles, blackened steel ceiling-height units and statement lighting for a dramatic entrance. There’s plenty of space to hang out come day or night on comfy sofas in green velvet, and soft leather armchairs. We’re a great balance of chicness and cosiness. Since our opening we have had brilliant feedback, particularly from locals who have gushed about how the Gay Village has needed something like this that is relaxing, sophisticated and a venue you want to spend all night in.
What are you most excited about on the brand new cocktail menu and its set of eleven exclusive creations?
It’s a great collaboration between our wonderful team who have all contributed to our exciting menu, making it highly personal. We’re currently inspired by flavours that compliment Spring time, when Manchester goes from dreary to…slightly less dreary! We have fruity, spicy, moreish delights for any type of drinker.
What cocktail on the menu is your favourite to make, and why?
The Forbidden Fruit
Personally I love ‘The Forbidden Fruit’ as it’s been a creation I’ve been tinkering with for a while and have waited for the right time to put it on a cocktail menu. It’s zesty and refreshing, perfect for those starting their night, or continuing as they mean to!
Manchester has a great food and drink scene… What do you consider to be essential to make a cocktail bar stand out from the crowd?
It’s about elevating your venue and the surroundings. At no point did we create our menu with competing with other bars in mind, rather we created what would be perfect for LEVEN. We wanted our cocktails to be different from one another, from the fun and fruity to sippable and classy, but still match perfectly with our vibe and beautifully designed surroundings.
What drink or cocktail sums up luxury for you and why?
|... it’s been a creation I’ve been tinkering with for a while and have waited for the right time to put it on a cocktail menu... It's perfect for those starting their night, or continuing as they mean to!|
Our ‘Rhubarb Sour’ evokes luxury all the way. It’s made with rhubarb gin and garnished with raspberry dust that sits delicately on the foamed sour. As wonderful to imbibe as it is for a memorable photo moment.
Your team can offer personal recommendations depending on a guest’s palate and preferences. The Luxury Travel Bible readers are ‘pleasure seekers, world explorers and lovers of sheer indulgence’… so what cocktail on your menu would you recommend for us, and why?
The ‘Steep in Thought’, which is a fun play on a tea set. You are presented with a teapot, milk jug and teaspoon and you can add each element as you wish - like you would make your classic cup of tea! There is cranberry and raspberry tea as the base as well as strawberry jam for sweetness and rum for that extra zing. It’s a fun cocktail experience that you can take your time with as you soak in the atmosphere of LEVEN.
If you were stranded on a desert island … What three items/ingredients would you take with you in order to create your perfect beach bar (so you can create cocktails to get you through your stay)
Steep in Thought
I’m going to be presumptuous and assume there are coconuts on this island so I’m going to bring along some rum, a paper umbrella and a can-do attitude!
|LEVEN Manchester is located the city’s vibrant Village neighbourhood, in a landmark early 20th century warehouse, the property’s red brick walls and Crittall windows hold a rich history dating back to Manchester’s industrial past, including former uses first as a cotton warehouse, and more recently a brewery and comedy club. Following an extensive interior and exterior reimagining, the property is now open as LEVEN Manchester a design-led, 42-key hotel. |
|Luxury Link: www.liveleven.com|
Sarah Bryans 26/04/2022
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Afternoon Tea in the Summer
- GOURMET TRAVEL: INK 360, Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Wiltons, London
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Summer Afternoon Tea, St Ermin's Hotel
- GOURMET TRAVEL: The Goring's Gin Safari
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Anton Mosimann
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Tom Kerridge
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Conrad St James
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Hélène Darroze
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Tom Aikens
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Dinner in the Sky, London
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Heston Blumenthal
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Berowra Waters Inn, Sydney
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Christopher Kostow
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Raymond Blanc
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize Cocktails
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Neil Perry
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Thomas Keller
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Joel Robuchon
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Catherine Fallis
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Lunch aboard the British Pullman
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Restaurants of the Skies
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Michel Roux Jr
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Blowfish in Toyko
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Hamish Ingham
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Noosa Travel
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Chef J. Joho
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Manly Pavillion, Sydney
- GOURMET TRAVEL: René and Maxime Meilleur, La Bouitte
- GOURMET TRAVEL: La Bouitte, France
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Nashville, Tennessee
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Brasserie Prince, Scotland
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Harry's Bar, Venice, Italy
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Franco’s New Vegan and Vegetarian Menu
- GOURMET TRAVEL: The Tides, Breezes Beach Club and Spa, Zanzibar
- Gourmet Travel: Chocolate Buffet, The Sukhothai Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- GOURMET TRAVEL: David Thompson
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Long Chim, Sydney
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Franco's Jazz Lounge
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Manta, Sydney
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Christmas at Wiltons
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Chef Norbert Niederkofler
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Luxury Vegan Hotels
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Grana, Hinchcliff House, Sydney
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Il Pontile
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Great Australian Culinary Voyage
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Jonny Marsh
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Jasmine Peen, LEVEN Manchester
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Cherish Finden
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Steven Edwards
- GOURMET TRAVEL: DUKES London
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Christmas at Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Wiltons' Oyster Masterclass
- GOURMET TRAVEL: World’s Best Cocktails
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Flats Lunch, Seychelles
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Sweeties at The Standard, London
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Coronation Cocktails
- GOURMET TRAVEL: Ibiza Cocktails
- GOURMET TRAVEL: In-Room Dining
- GOURMET TRAVEL: The Carolina Inn, North Carolina