The Spa at
Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, Maldives
The Ambience: Located in the centre of the island, this spa is extremely misleading. As I approached it I was thinking; 'Is that really it?' But the initial exterior of the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi spa is a wonderful illusion.
However, it isn't until you enter the solitary and small building (which is the spa reception) that you realise a concealed and tropical world is hidden behind these doors.
From the reception guests walk down a path surrounded by beautiful tropical trees, plants and flowers towards the treatment rooms. The unique design of this spa, has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.
While I filled out a pre-treatment survey in the waiting centre I was offered a delicious and refreshing drink as I waited for my masseur.
On the Menu: A Balinese massage (60 mins) that aims to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and Qi Energy around the body.
The Treatment: My friendly masseur greeted me from the reception centre and led me through the gardens, down the winding pebble path over the ponds, towards my treatment hut. My feet were bathed in warm water before lying down on the bed for a deep massage using beautifully scented oils.
As the treatments take place in individual huts the only external noise you can hear is the cool breeze from the island. Nothing interrupted my tranquil haven until I was gently told to roll over onto my front to continue the treatment.
The Result: Seriously relaxing. While I hadn't been doing anything but relax during my stay at the beautiful resort, I left the spa with my body feeling as fluid as water.
This is the perfect treatment to work out any knots of tension that might remain from your long-haul flight to the resort. The only thing to do afterwards is to sit in the peaceful spa gardens with a cool drink and doze in the shade.
I was instructed to leave the nourishing oils on my skin for the next hour. The benefit of this was that my skin was left feeling soft and refreshed. However be sure to stay covered up and in the shade, just walking (maybe even floating) back to Ocean Villa I could already feel the strong Maldivian sun start to react with the oil on my skin.
Luxury Spa Facts:
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, Noonu Atoll - Republic of Maldives.
As well as massage and beauty treatments, guests also have access to a Ayurvedic doctor.
The spa offers treatments including gentle massage, scrubs and facials using organic homemade products and mini Mani-Pedis and Nail Art for guests aged 3-12 years old.
Luxury Spas Link: www.thesunsiyam.com
Sarah Bryans, 21/3/14
- LUXURY SPAS: The Spa at Park Hyatt Sydney, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia
- LUXURY SPAS: Ritz-Carlton Hotel Spa, Los Angeles
- LUXURY SPAS: AMP Salon and Spa at Palms Resort, Las Vegas
- LUXURY SPAS: The Spa at Trump, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
- LUXURY SPAS: Sahra Spa at Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas
- LUXURY SPAS: The Spa at Encore, Las Vegas
- LUXURY SPAS: One Wybelenna
- LUXURY SPAS: Myconian Avaton Resort Spa, Mykonos
- LUXURY SPA: Wellbeing & Thermal Spa, Grand Resort Bad Ragaz
- LUXURY SPAS: Dolder Grand Spa
- LUXURY SPAS: The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, Maldives
- LUXURY SPAS: Spa My Blend by Clarins, Hôtel Majestic Barrière Cannes
- LUXURY SPAS: The Spa at the Culloden Estate and Spa, Northern Ireland.
- LUXURY SPAS: Les Thermes Evian, Evian-Les-Bains, France
- NEW SPA SPOTLIGHT: Geo Spa, Four Seasons Langkawi, Malaysia
- LUXURY SPAS: Halele'a Spa at St Regis Princeville
- LUXURY SPAS: Four Seasons Manele Bay, Lanai Hawaii
- LUXURY SPAS: Almablu Spa, Almar Jesolo Resort & Spa, Jesolo, Italy
- LUXURY SPAS: Harnn Heritage Spa, Intercontinental Phu Quoc
- LUXURY SPA: URU SPA, Dunes By Al Nahda, Oman
- LUXURY SPAS: Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian and Palazzo Hotels